AboutAbout Our School
What We Stand For
The purpose of Christian schooling is to work with the Christian family and church while presenting our covenant children a unified, distinctively Christian view of the world and their unique place in it as God’s people. Because Jesus Christ is sovereign Lord over all, He and His Word must be central and govern every area of life, especially our children’s schooling where they form their understanding of the world.
Our goal is to help every student grow into a responsible citizen of our world, nation, state, and community; and a responsible citizen of Jesus Christ’s kingdom, willing and able to serve God and community.
We Are Providing an Environment for Our Students to Grow & Excel
Whereas the state has a secondary role in supporting and assisting parents in the provision and setting of standards for schooling, it is the parents to whom God has given the primary responsibility for their children’s education and training.
Parents have the responsibility and privilege of choosing schooling that is consistent with their Christian convictions. The essential relationship for effective education is a bond of trust between home and school, with the support of Christ’s church.
Stephenville Christian School is committed to integrating biblical faith and learning and offering children a challenging education in a caring Christian atmosphere.
S.C.S. is dedicated to
- Nurturing a Christian point of view within an environment that is sensitive to the needs of the whole child (spiritual, mental, physical, and social)
- Helping students develop a disciplined Christian mind characterized by reflective Christian thinking and active Christian service.
- Upholding high academic standards so that students are equipped to meet the challenges of a changing world and to compete on equal ground for the schools and/or goals of their choice.
Our Governing Principles
- Jesus Christ is sovereign Lord over everything in creation and culture.
- The Bible has relevant norms and rules for every situation.
- The School is to maintain an all-encompassing Christian perspective.
- Formal education is the organized process of encouraging and training students in the development of Christian moral and social values, and in academic knowledge.
- Teachers are professional educators as well as exemplary Christians who communicate and model Christian life and learning in the classroom and in the community.
What Parents are Saying
“I have the unique perceptive of experiencing the school as a student and now as a parent. It’s humbling to realize that my son has the same opportunities to experience God in the same sanctuary, classrooms, hallways, and playground as I did as a child.” –
“The caring teachers, the disciplined environment, small classes leading to advanced academic achievements; all these attributes from a private school gave our children the foundation into the grown men they are today.” –